Terms of Service Basics
Howie’s Terms apply to www.heyitshowie.com. If you use this website, you agree to the Terms; if not, don't use the site. We may change the terms at any time and while it is your responsibility to check for changes, your continued use of the site means you agree with the Terms as written.
Our Terms lay out what you can expect from us and what we expect from you.
Although we give you permission to use our services, we retain any intellectual property rights (ownership) we have in the sites and our services. While you may share or repost our content, we ask that you do so with proper credit and never claim ownership or try to exploit our content for your own personal gain.
We may ask/allow you to upload, submit, store, send, receive, or share your content. If you choose to upload or share content, please make sure you have the necessary rights to do so and that the content is lawful.
Your content remains yours, which means that you retain any intellectual property rights that you have in your content. By sharing your content with Howie, you give us a license to host, copy, share, use, publish, modify, display, and create derivative works based on your content.
We’ll also use feedback that you provide to make our sites and services better, and you give us the right to do so for no guaranteed compensation or credit. Thanks in advance!
We hope it never comes to this but Howie reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the site and/or our services if:
- you breach these Terms or our policies
- we’re required to do so to comply with the law or authorities
- we believe that your conduct causes harm or liability to a user, third party, or Howie — for example, by hacking, phishing, harassing, spamming, misleading others, or taking content that doesn’t belong to you
At Howie, we believe in uplifting and sharing the voices of all, in any language, around the world. Around the world naturally means a diversity of people, places and perspectives – we value all so long as they are rooted in respect and goodwill for one another. By engaging with Howie, you are part of a multicultural community that inherently embraces, celebrates and exists on the basis of inclusion and diversity.
We want to maintain a respectful environment for everyone, which means you must follow these basic rules of conduct:
- respect the rights of others, including privacy and intellectual property rights
- don’t abuse or harm others or yourself (or threaten or encourage such abuse or harm) — for example, by misleading, defrauding, defaming, bullying, harassing, or stalking others
- don’t abuse, harm, interfere with, or disrupt the services
- Sometimes we’ll link to other sites and services. We think they’re good folks but we’re not responsible if they turn out not to be so good.
- Our services and all content on Howie is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.
- We are not responsible if you break the law, breach these Terms or go against the rights of a third party, especially if you get sued.
- We may change or discontinue the services and/or prices at any time, without liability, but we’ll strive to let you know in advance, where practical.
How We Take Your Privacy Seriously
- If you create an account, we’ll ask you for information such as your name, username, password, and email address to create the account and to communicate with you.
- We use information about how you interact with Tumblr in order to personalize it for you, to keep both you and our community safe from harm, and to improve Tumblr for everyone who uses it.
- In some cases we collect and store information about where you are located using your IP address or any location data you provide.
- Sometimes we’ll collect financial information, such as information related to your payment method (credit card number, type, expiration date etc), should you decide to purchase a product or paid service from us. We do not, however, store that financial information; instead, it’s stored by our payment processors like PayPal or Stripe, for example, and they have their own privacy policies which you’re recommended to check out.
- We collect information about how people use our sites. This type of information may be collected in our log files each time you interact with the site and services. We use internal tools and third party apps (like Google Analytics) to collect and analyze this information and in turn to make Howie better.
In some cases, we share information we store with third parties, such as service providers, consultants, and others for the purposes of operating, enhancing, and developing our products and services. For example, we may share information with service providers that help us provide an accessible website, providers that process your credit card, analytics providers that help us understand and improve our services, or consultants who may have access to information while they help us improve our offerings. Not to worry, anyone with whom we share such information for these reasons are generally bound by confidentiality and do not have the right to use information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Because Howie is a company with a global point of view, we may transfer data from the US to Europe (EU/EEA) and vice versa. Such transfers are handled in accordance with the GDPR and recognized international standards for data protection.
Several non-European countries have similar data protection laws to the GDPR. No matter where you call home, we commit to being good stewards of your information. If you have questions about how our practices align with your country’s standards, please contact us.
- Our sites are intended for users aged 16 and up. We’re not checking ID, but if we learn that information was collected from someone underage, we will delete that information.